Alex Picot Group is a registered business name under the Registration of Business Names (Jersey) Law 1956. The principal members of the Alex Picot Group are Alex Picot, Chartered Accountants and Alex Picot Ltd, Chartered Accountants together with their related subsidiaries. A full list of all entities within the Alex Picot Group is available from 1st Floor, The Le Gallais Building, 6 Minden Place, St Helier, Jersey, JE2 4WQ, which is the business address from which the group operates.
Alex Picot is registered to carry on audit work in the UK by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales. Details about the audit registration can be reviewed at www.auditregister.org.uk under reference number C005366744.
The website contains general information about our services and does not constitute professional advice. We cannot accept liability for loss or damage suffered as a result of reliance on the information contained herein.
No member of the Alex Picot group is authorised to provide investment advice. You should seek independent financial and legal advice before processing any financial business in Jersey.
Alex Picot accepts no responsibility or liability for any other website to which you may gain access from this website, or from which you may have gained access to this website and do not accept any responsibility or liability in connection with any links or websites.
We do not accept any responsibility or liability in relation to any computer virus or similar defect which may have infected this website. Users must take their own precautions regarding virus protection and security.
The content of this website, its design and layout is protected and is the property of the Alex Picot group. No permission is granted to copy this material or reproduce it in any form without written permission.
Data Protection / Confidentiality and Disclosure
The following definitions apply:
• Personal data: this means any personal data provided to us by the Client, or on the Client’s behalf, for the purpose of providing our services to the Client, pursuant to our engagement letter with the Client;
• Data protection legislation: this means all applicable privacy and data protection legislation and regulations, the GDPR and any applicable national laws, regulations and secondary legislation in Jersey relating to the processing of personal data and the privacy of electronic communications, as amended, replaced or updated from time to time;
• ‘Controller’, ‘data subject’, ‘personal data’, and ‘process’ will have the meanings given to them in the data protection legislation;
• ‘GDPR’ means the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679); and
• ‘Jersey Law’ mean the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018.
We are registered as a Data Controller with the Data Protection Authority in Jersey. Any Client may request a copy of personal data which We hold about them by submitting a request in writing addressed to the Personal Information Officer at our address.
The Client’s personal data is held to comply with the requirements of anti-money laundering regulations to which We are subject and which form the Firm’s and/or the Company’s lawful basis for processing. The Client acknowledges and understands that, in certain circumstances, We may be legally obliged to give information and/or evidence to courts, governments, authorities, regulators or tax authorities in connection with the affairs of any Client and persons connected to them. Disclosure of such information will not be made to third parties unless required by any disclosure obligations or otherwise by law or regulation or where the failure to make such disclosure would, in the opinion of the Firm and/or Company, be prejudicial.
We may also disclose information relating to the Client:
• to any other subsidiaries of the Company and/or the Firm (including, without limitation, for 'know your client requirements’);
• to any other entity where such disclosure is necessary for the proper performance of the Services. We are obliged under the anti-money laundering laws in Jersey to retain certain client information for a prescribed period of time after the cessation of the client relationship. We will be considered an independent data controller in relation to the personal data. We will comply with all requirements and obligations applicable to us under the data protection legislation in respect of the personal data.
The Client will only disclose personal data to us where:
• The Client has provided the necessary information to the relevant data subjects regarding its use (the Client may refer to our privacy notice available at https://alexpicot.com/privacy-policy/ for this purpose);
• The Client has a lawful basis upon which to do so, which, in the absence of any other lawful basis, will be with the relevant data subject’s consent; and
• The Client has complied with the necessary requirements under the data protection legislation to enable the Client to do so.
Should the Client require any further details regarding our treatment of personal data, please contact our Privacy Officer at PIO@alexpicot.com.
What Are Cookies?
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain features of this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
Third Party Cookies
This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
Third party analytics are used to track and measure usage of this site so that we can continue to produce engaging content. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site or pages you visit which helps us to understand how we can improve the site for you.
We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work, social media sites including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Whilst we do our best to safeguard your personal information we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you may transmit to us.
P I Insurance
Our professional Indemnity insurance is administered by Miller Insurance Services LLP, Dawson House, 5 Jewry Street, London, EC3N 2PJ.
Bribery Act 2010
It is the group's policy to conduct all of its business in a transparent, honest and legal manner. A zero tolerance approach to bribery and corruption is adopted and we are committed to acting professionally and with integrity in all our business dealings and relationships wherever they are conducted.
This policy applies to all entities within the Alex Picot Group, to all partners, directors and staff employed or working with the Alex Picot Group as well as any individual employed by or connected with a company or entity under the control of any entity of, or partner, director or employee of, the Alex Picot Group.
This website is governed by and construed in accordance with the Law of Jersey, Channel Islands. Any communication with this website shall be deemed to have taken place in Jersey, Channel Islands.
Terms and conditions
The latest terms and conditions relating to the Alex Picot Group can be found at Terms and Conditions. Should you have any queries regarding this website or any of the content please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.